Business is Jammin’ is seeking Summer Youth Coordinators to fill positions in the following locations:.
Term: June 11th 2018 -August 29th 2018
35 Hours/ 8 Weeks
Hourly Rate: $10.70
Closing Date: June 3rd, 2018 at 4:00PM
The goal of Business Is Jammin’ is to introduce Black youth to entrepreneurship as a viable career option while simultaneously instilling business skills that will enable them to broaden and develop their future career goals.
The coordinator will be responsible for implementing all BIJ components targeting the 9 – 15 year old age group.
- Work closely with BBI’s Regional Development Manager in charge of the region
- Work in partnership with the local African Nova Scotian Employment Resource Centre (ANSERC) and other strategic partners
- Work with schools and community organizations to develop and deliver BIJ programming
- Assist youth in developing summer businesses (including a completed business application for possible funding)
- Create awareness that the BBI will support youth-run summer businesses
- Expose youth to entrepreneurship through training workshops
- Develop and conduct workshops, camps, presentations, etc
- Recruit volunteers from the community to assist you in the workshops, camps and to be mentors and entrepreneur coaches
- Weekly written activity reports to senior BBI staff
- Reporting to the Training Associate
- Must be a dynamic self-starter who is able to act independently
- Have experience dealing with youth
- Ability to make presentations
- Strong verbal, written and organizational skills
- Interest in business
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident or have been granted refugee status in Canada
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- A registered full-time secondary or post-secondary student (or intending to return to full-time studies within the next 12 months)
- A recent university graduate (who has graduated within 12 months from the start date of employment)
- Able to travel with-in your region to the different camp areas you establish. (Have your own transportation or a volunteer to transport you)
- Able to travel for training and events in Halifax (BBI covers costs of accommodations and travel)
How to Apply
Forward a cover letter and resume to Tracey Williams at:
Email email@example.com or fax to 902-476-9764.
You can also mail to Centennial Building, Suite 910, 1660 Hollis Street, Halifax, Nova Scotia, B3J 1V7
Submissions must be received by 4:00PM on the closing date.